A basemap provides a background geographical context for
the content displayed on a map. Within the map viewer, the basemap can be changed at any time by choosing a layer from the basemap gallery (e.g., topography, imagery, streets) or made invisible.
NOTE: Upon initiating the Conservation Report and Create Project processes, the Switch Basemap tool becomes unavailable. If you wish to change the basemap during these processes, open the Switch Basemap tool prior to initiating the process and leave it open or minimize it until needed.
- Within the Map, click the Switch Basemap
button, located in the upper left corner of the map title bar.
- Within the Switch Basemap dialog, click the thumbnail of the
basemap to be used in the map.
- The basemap in the main map will change accordingly.
- NOTE: The overview map retains the National
Geographic basemap in order to ensure that there is always a geographic context, which may not
be so evident using the other basemaps.
- To turn off or make the base map invisible, uncheck the toggle box associated with the Basemap layer within the Basemap accordion section of the Layers tab.